Monday, November 26, 2012

Playing catch-up

After the long holiday weekend taking family portraits of my sister's family and then my brother's family, I am ready to jump back into some more creative shooting. While I was supposed to have an exciting fashion shoot today (we were going to spend part of that shooting in my neighbor's sculpting studio), for reason's beyond anyone's control, we had to push today's shoot off for a week. Instead, I spent the day playing catch-up on photos that needed editing. While the editing process certainly isn't as stimulating or "fun" as the actual shooting, it is just as important. However, when you get as much right in-camera as possible, that makes the editing process so much easier. As a result, I've been able to update my websites, Facebook pages and my studio slideshows with new photos.

I also learned to day that my web host now supports mobile versions of websites which can be displayed on smartphones and tablets. This is a welcome new feature that I have setup. While it is great being able to see my website exactly the same way on my iPad as my desktop, there are certain pages (mainly this blog) that don't display quite as well. I will definitely keep the mobile version for phones, but will take about a week or so to evaluate which looks better on my iPad, as well as on smaller tablets like the Kindle Fire.

As we approach the end of the year, I want to remind people that I am currently running several specials that will expire at the end of December. Most sessions are currently 20% off - a promotion I started when I moved into my new studio. This includes Family Portrait sessions, Senior Portrait sessions, Headshots, and Modeling sessions. Pet portraits I have been offering at a discount as well, but that price will be raised starting January 1st. Take advantage of these specials while they last!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment