Thursday, July 12, 2012

Underwater shooting

Yesterday, I conducted my 2nd underwater fashion shoot. Underwater shooting is definitely unlike studio or outdoor shooting. It is loads of fun, but also lots of work to pull off. I worked out the kinks I'd had with my flash at my first, as well as figured out how to keep my camera from overheating and freezing up and so yesterday's shoot was leaps ahead of Monday's first attempt. Controlling my own buoyancy is still something I am working out. Since we used a saltwater pool yesterday, the weights which worked so well at my first shoot were insufficient to keep me quite as stationary in the salt water, and I sometime found myself floating up or back while trying to get a shot, which would, in turn affect my camera's focus.

I may have found access to a pool to use anytime I want to schedule an underwater shoot. I need to get the details, and test out shooting in there  since different pools photograph differently and reflect light on the models differently.

I have added a new gallery to my site called "Underwater" and hope to add many new photos in the coming weeks. Once I have gotten my technique down and consistent, I will be offering an underwater shoot package to both high school seniors and models who want these types of photos to their portfolio.

A huge thank you to designer Caroline Williard of CWCouture for providing us with her amazing wardrobe designs to be shot underwater.

Below are several examples from yesterday's shoot.


Drazen Imaging Underwater Fashion

Drazen Imaging Underwater Fashion

Drazen Imaging Underwater Fashion

Drazen Imaging Underwater Fashion

Drazen Imaging Underwater Fashion

Drazen Imaging Underwater Beauty Shot

Drazen Imaging Underwater Beauty Shot

Drazen Imaging Underwater Fashion

Drazen Imaging Underwater Fashion

Drazen Imaging Underwater Fashion

Drazen Imaging Underwater Fashion

Drazen Imaging Underwater Fashion

Drazen Imaging Underwater Fashion

Drazen Imaging Underwater Beauty Shot

Drazen Imaging Underwater Fashion

Drazen Imaging Underwater Fashion

Drazen Imaging Underwater Fashion

No comments:

Post a Comment