Thursday, August 30, 2012

Almost there (zoning and licensing)

The process of moving my studio from St. Louis County into St. Louis City is still not completely over yet. After passing all my inspections for my occupancy permit, I still needed to be granted conditional use approval for having my studio outside the intended zone. It seems that a photography studio falls under Zone "F" (Neighborhood Commercial District) whereas I am located in Zone "G" (Local Commercial and Office District). While I don't quite understand why a photo studio can't fall under both categories, it actually works in my favor that my business does "fit in" with the neighborhood.

This zoning issue has held up my occupancy permit, which in turn has held up my business license. However, my hearing was this morning, and as far as I can tell, it went well. Hopefully I should get my approval in the next few days, followed by my occupancy permit, and finally my City businbess license.

A long tedious process to go through, but I see the light at the end of the tunnel!

Meanwhile, our free senior portrait session contest came to a close. While we didn't quite get the minimum number of entries to award the free senior session, we would like to congratulate the senior who received the most votes and will be awarding her a 75% discount off a senior portrait session.

1 comment:

  1. Erich, you are starting to sound like a city person indeed! It's great that you are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. Can't wait to watch your business blossom at the new space!

    ReplyDelete